10th Merida Brass Monkeys XC enduro Series 2017/18
by Jane Lucas, 16 Nov 17.
Coming up soon will be the Brass Monkey XC Enduro Series, headline sponsored by Merida. This hugely popular Series uses outstanding venues and has 5-6 mile laps. The all weather courses are set and prepared by our experienced team, and go through heath and pine woodland with flowing singletrack mixed in with swooping trails and stone fire roads. Although we are going to Minley twice, do not expect the same course - it will be totally different. Please note that some of the dates have changed since they were first publicised.
- Round 1 Christmas Cracker - 17 December 2017 at Frith Hill, Deepcut, Surrey, GU16 6SD
- Round 2 New Year Hangover - 7 January 2018 at Minley Manor, Yateley, Hants GU17 9UF
- Round 3 Winter Warmer - 28 January 2018 at Minley Rewind, Yateley, Hants GU17 9UF
Each event will have full facilities, including a marquee HQ and trophies and prizes to be won at each round and for the Series. There's a wide choice of categories. You just need to decide how long you want to ride for, and then complete as many laps as you can before your time is up.
Registration opens at 08.00 and the START TIMES are:
- 10.00 (finishing 12.00) All 2hr riders including Juniors (aged 14-17).
Podium: about 12.10.
- 10.10 (finishing 14.10) All 4hr riders including Single Speed riders.
Podium about 14.20.
- 10.20 (finishing 13.20) All 3hr Male Grand Vet riders and Fat Bike riders.
Podium about 13.30.
Full details and online entry are at www.meridabrassmonkeys.com and you can see regular updates on The Brass Monkeys Face book and on Twitter@Gorrick. These events are PRE-ENTRY ONLY and are limited now to 300 riders.
Future dates for your 2018 calendar
- Spring XC races 1 - Sun 18 February
- Spring XC races 2 - Sun 4 March
- G100 XC enduro - Sun 6 May
- Hot MTB Challenge - Sun 20 May
- TORQ in your Sleep XC enduro - Sun 26 August
- Cool MTB Challenge - Sun 14 October
- Autumn XC Classic - Sun 4 November