Gravity Trail Enduros
HOW TO ENTER
Pre-entry only, closes midnight Sunday prior to event. NO entry on the day.
SCOTT Gravity Trail Enduro
We are delighted that SCOTT Sport are extending their full support to our Gravity Trail Enduros this year. SCOTT’s support will, of course, include trophies and merchandise prizes for all categories at each round as well as event branding and logistics.
We will also be joined by Vittoria who will be providing tyre support and additional prizes for the categories at each round. Long term sponsor Mountain Trax bike shop of Wokingham will be supporting with prizes, onsite mechanical support and SCOTT test bikes. Thank you to all of them for their superb support and encouragement.
What is a Gravity Trail Enduro?
A gravity fed timed stage race event, a race but not in the XC Enduro sense as you will not be competing shoulder to shoulder, this is you versus the course. It is also not a pure downhill event, so they will be no gnarly steep descents or massive drop offs. It is a circuit of the venue, which includes a number of timed trail stages, so you will not need a special bike with loads of travel either, just bring what you have and enjoy. You will be helped on your way by good old gravity but you will still have to pedal a bit. We will also include a few A or B line choices just for good measure to ensure everyone goes home happy, what’s not to like.
|Date||Event Information||Venue / Map|
|16 Jun 19||SCOTT Gravity Trail Enduro 2||venue tbc
|24 Aug 19||SCOTT Gravity Trail Enduro 3 at Torq in your Sleep||venue tbc
|03 Nov 19||SCOTT Gravity Trail Enduro 4||venue tbc
How does an event work?
The event is made up of a number of trail Stages of varying distances, ridden against the clock, linked together with non-timed sections to create a lap. There are categories to suit different levels of ability and age. From the Start riders’ transponders will be checked then you will dispatched in groups at intervals. You ride all the sections in any order over the number of laps specified, and you can ride in groups, with friends or on your own, whatever you prefer, with all the stages open throughout the day up until the finish time.
You get an opportunity to view the stages before the event but you will not be able to pre-ride. We use electronic timing from Sport Ident, so you will have a transponder attached to your wrist and timing beams to pass through at the start and finish of each Stage. Riders will usually complete 3 circuits and after each circuit or at any point you can return to the arena for a download check of your times if you wish, have a rest or some food, it’s up to you. Marshals will be on hand at each Stage to ensure sensible gapping to suit riders’ requirements. All Stage times will be added together to give the riders overall result. The course will close at the time specified and once all riders have checked back in, the prize presentation will take place. A helmet must be worn at all times, gloves, eye protection and pads recommended.
This year we have lined up some superb venues, which are ideally suited to Gravity Trail Enduro events which will give a strong mix of both full flow descending and technical challenges over a variety of lengths of stages. We will also be creating an Enduro weekender on the August Bank Holiday weekend with both a SCOTT Gravity Trail Enduro and the 12/6 hour TORQ in your Sleep. All the venues will feature open mixed woodland and heathland with flowing hills and descents and be well-draining with good parking on hard surface fire breaks and within the woods. They’ll all be good for viewing the stages from so you can follow riders’ progress during the event. Cheering and banter by spectators is, of course, an essential part of these events. The Arena has full catering all day, Event Registration, the Event Control Centre, Start and Finish point, transponder check point, trade stands, toilets and a paramedic ambulance. There is no overnight camping at the venues except for the Minley event in August which is part of TORQ in your Sleep and has FREE camping.
- Hungry Hill, Caesar's Camp, Hants – This popular riding spot on military land near Aldershot plays host to its first gravity event, and what a treat’s in store. Trails descend the hillside in perfect formation giving every rider the chance to nail the challenge of quick time descent to the Arena over 4 different stages, all with massive grin inducing swoops and hollows that just keep giving.
- Bagshot Heath, Surrey – This venue close to the M3 is known as the Alpine circuit for good reason, with stone tracks linked to swooping woodland single track with cambered turns twisting into the valleys. A great mixture of stages, to test every rider’s concentration and skill to lay down the perfect time.
- Minley Manor, Hants – One of our favourite venues offering great gravity stages deep within the woodland, with a superb mix of hard surface fire break, fern lined gullies and heathland single track. Plenty of twists and turns on the way to a blistering finish into the Arena.
- Area 51, Surrey – Small but perfectly formed, our hill at Frimley Green gives so much gravity fed trail in every direction, a mix of contour runs, gravity descents and flowing woodland single track. We will have more stages so that every rider has plenty of riding time over the shorter but more technical stages on offer.
- Registration Opens: 8.00am
- Registration Closes: 10.00am
- Rider Briefing: 10.45am
- Event Start Time: 11.00am
- Event Finish Time: 3pm
- Podium: 3.15pm
- Stages: Minimum 4
- Circuits: 3
- Stage viewing: 8am to 10.30am Sunday morning
- Male Categories
Grand Veteran 50+
- Female Categories
Veteran/Grand Veteran 40+
- Mixed Categories
Juniors 14-17 (Juniors need to have a responsible adult with them at the venue)
Fun 18+ (less experienced riders & first timers)
- Entries Open: open using the red buttons on this web site
- Entries Close: Midnight the Sunday before the event
- Entry Limit: 200. Sorry no entries on the day.